Friday, May 6, 2011

The wonders of Water

I’m sitting in this awful class talking about the Clean Water Act in relation to a case study we were presented with about the Appalachia community. This community is drowning in dirty water to some up the case study...you are probably wondering why I’m talking about water, well lets face it we can’t breathe under water without a oxygen tank. Breathe the AIR is all about letting go and taking the weight off of you when you let your voice fly. Water is strong, gentle, but if you can’t swim, don’t tread water.



Before the weight was lifted off my chest, my lungs weren’t filling up with water, but I still felt like I was drowning. They were filled with the past, the awful memories (the ones had), confusion, and fear. Finally when I got that slap on the back pushing the crap out, my lungs began to clear up, it took time but now they cancer free of the past.
I learned to swim when I was three years old, swimming was never the issue. I was forced to keep a secret, one that anchored me down to the deepest and darkest places in the ocean. To me it’s ironic that the deepest part of the ocean is below that of the Dead Sea, if only my anchors could float as I would in the “Killer Ocean.” These anchors weren’t to keep me from moving but just weighed me down.
Keeping a secret is hard. Even the petty school girl secrets about who likes who are hard to keep but when you are keeping a secret that changes the whole dynamic of your life, where do you start with that? Well I started with paper, my words were the heaviest paper weight one could ask for, not that I know too many people that ask for paper weights but you get the point. My point...my words were strong.
How do you say that your dad raped you lightly? You can’t. Now you know my anchor, but now you know I threw it all over board and let it sink. So be like water, be gentle and strong, gentle enough to follow the natural paths of earth but be strong enough to rise up and reshape the world. I hope that my throwing my anchor overboard that it made it dent in this earth and that I will be change in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment